I have been thinking about setting up a new WordPress domain for many weeks. I asked Jo and Vanessa whether my old domain, used once I think, would be a hindrance. Assured by both that I could have as many as I wished, with no need to rid myself of the old, it has taken me until now to attempt creating another.
As I am working on this blog for WA, I am in a panic as I don't know whether the domain name I chose some weeks ago requires punctuation. I now have a headache - purely due to being a technophobe!
I have been pretty proactive with my writing, particularly poetry and flash fiction, the latter for Ad Hoc courtesy of Sue's encouragement. However, the dreaded technology phobia once again raised its ugly head. Last week, I submitted my offering, received an acceptance email, didn't get published. No problem - you can't win them all.
I went to submit this week's entry and what did I find? Last week's great words still in the submission box. I shrugged and thought 'minor blip' until I added my new flash fiction. It sailed off to wherever it goes, acceptance email appeared like magic, and I heaved a sigh of relief. How presumptuous of me! The following day, I thought I'd best check the Ad Hoc page. Wise move, as it turned out, because there was my story, in situ.
I contacted Ad Hoc and received a swift reply, asking me some questions re the device I use, browser, and operating system. I am told there should be no problem but he, John, will look in to it. He requested I submit again and if the problem persists, continue to try.
I have just resent and keeping fingers and toes crossed, it has actually gone this time.
I want to get better at this technology lark but it seems to me, I'm moving ahead two steps and promptly back three. I'm not a quitter though so perhaps I will get there in the long run.